Tuesday 22 April 2008

Letters, Photos, Etc....

I suppose some of you have been wondering why I don't have letters, postcards and pictures of my great-grandfather. There isn't any, except for six photographs of my great-grandfather from the First World War (which as soon as I get a scanner they will be up here.) There are no letters, postcards, notes, any written record besides his service record. My great-grandfather, Jack, having dropped out of school in the second grade was barley literate. Any written information from this time, if there was any, has fallen into that black hole of history. For research into this blog I have been using what information my Aunt was able to tell me, along with the 123rd Battalion's War Diary and Jack's service record. Like I stated that is the reason I started this blog to learn as much as I could.

No comments: